I have have uncontrolled high blood pressure ever since I had my kidney taken out due to cancer. I am on medicine for it but I have been having issues with it for about a week and have a very bad headache. I took my pressure and it is 185/103.

How can I lower it? I have had 4 tia's over the years.

Dear Anon,

Thank you for your post.

A reading this high with a headache should be reported to your doctor right away. This can be serious. Your medication may need adjusting or an additional BP medication may be needed.

Below is a link with tips for lowering BP quickly. This does not take the place seeing your doctor about the symptoms you are having.

High Blood Pressure

High Blood Pressure Guide