Facebook Pixel

I have immunity problems. What doctor specializes in this?

By June 11, 2008 - 10:34am
Rate This

I need a good family doctor who will recognize a condition or at least refer me to the proper person to see. I have many different immunity problems and I need a doctor who knows something about this. My doctor referred me to a plastic surgeon and told me I have dry skin. Please help.

Add a Comment5 Comments

Expert HERWriter

A friend of mine went through something similar to what you're talking about. She wanted to pass along a few names:

Dr. Marianne Marchese, an environmental illness specialist. She can be reached at 480-990-1111.

Dr. Alan Ketover works at the Valley Clinic, 10595 N Tatum Blvd, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253. His phone is (602) 381-0800

Please update us on your progress.

June 13, 2008 - 1:34pm

While we can't vouch that we've visited any of these doctors, you may have some luck in finding a autoimmune specialist you like on this list from the Arizona Medical Board.


There are also a few considerations when choosing a doctor:

* What your insurance covers
* Whether a healthcare provider or service is accredited
* The location of a service
* Hours that the service is available
* Whether you like a healthcare provider's personality

On this page you’ll find information to help you choose a healthcare provider or service.

Source: NIH


Has anyone found an immunologist they really like?

June 13, 2008 - 9:51am

someone answered my question but I can't find the answer. I received a message in my email but couldn't open it.

June 11, 2008 - 4:47pm
EmpowHER Guest

Thanks so much for writing. Can you be more specific about the type of immunity issues you're fighting and what part of Arizona you live in? Thanks much!

June 11, 2008 - 10:47am
(reply to Anonymous)

I have immunity problems. angio edema, lichen symplex, exzema, etc. My legs started itching badly below my knee. It got very red and had dark blotches that looked like black and blue marks. When I went to my family dr., he said I have dry skin and referred me to a plastic surgeon specialist. This Dr. is also an dermatologist. It has been 2 months and I still don't know what I have. I need a a Dr. who specializes in the immune system. Right now I have three different drs who treat each individual problem. Please help. I would appreciate any assistance. I live in Phoenix just south of Cave Creek

June 11, 2008 - 5:50pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.