1 lives impacted in the last 24 hrs Learn More
I’m wondering now whether I should cancel. What do you think?
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.
Add a Comment1 Comments
Thank you for writing.
We are not in a position to tell you whether to cancel your trip. Your health, however, is more important than house and pet-sitting.
I have flown (from the US to Europe) with severe bronchitis before - it was uncomfortable but I had been on steroids for two days already and they helped a lot. I was also a lot younger than I am now!
Bronchitis can take weeks to heal but after you have completed treatment you will have an additional two weeks to get better. You may be feeling fine but you may still not be. We cannot say - not even you can.
I understand this is a decision you need to make soon, both for you and in order to let your friend make alternative plans if necessary but nobody can predict how well you will feel in three weeks. My advice is to give yourself 7 more days, then talk to your doctor and make a decision. Bronchitis is an exhausting illness but steroids can jump start recovery very, very quickly. . Give yourself this 7 days to see what happens. Let your friend know the situation today, so she can decide what to do, too. Remember, your health is your priority.
Let us know what you decide to do. We wish you a speedy recovery.December 3, 2018 - 3:04pm