Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I have a mole on my nipple?

By Anonymous July 17, 2015 - 10:23pm
Rate This

I've had it for about 4 years, never gotten it checked out, and it's been getting bigger and hurting and there's tiny ones popping up around it. What could that mean?

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello and thank you for using EmpowHer,
The little bumps around the areola are called Montgomery glands and are normal although scientists are still unsure of their particular function. Some women find that a white substance comes out if they squeeze them. However, if they are squeezed too much they can become infected.
This may be the case with you where the gland is infected.
If not, then the bumps could be something other than the Montgomery glands, and you will need to see a doctor to determine the problem.

July 18, 2015 - 2:44pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Breast Pain

Get Email Updates

Breast Pain Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!