0 lives impacted in the last 24 hrs Learn More
I have a plantar wart that is being treated by a dermatologist. I've tried cryotherapy and I'm using aldera on a daily basis. I just wanted to know what other treatment methods I could try, both OTC, natural, and physician required. It seems to be growing instead of getting smaller. Thanks!
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.
Add a Comment1 Comments
An old-fashioned, natural treatment that some people use is placing duct tape over the wart for a week at a time. The same thing is also done with a weekly “sanding” of the wart with a pumice stone.
Medical treatments that are used include:
* Cryotherapy—freezing the warts to kill the virus, which you're already trying.
* Laser treatment—using a laser to kill the virus and destroy wart tissue
* Electrocautery treatment—burning the wart
* Surgical removal—cutting out the warts (with anesthetic)
* Immune therapy—application of substances that stimulate the immune system’s response to the wart-causing virus
You can find additional information at this link from the American Podiatric Medical Association: http://www.apma.org/MainMenu/Foot-Health/FootHealthBrochures/GeneralFootHealthBrochures/Warts.aspx
This link from the Mayo Clinic addresses lifestyle and home remedies:
Good luck to you! Will you let us know what you try and how it works?June 28, 2010 - 6:19pm