Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I have a ruptured cervical disc and a bulging cervical disc is this something my neurolgist act on quickly or not

By Anonymous September 25, 2011 - 6:03pm
Rate This


Add a Comment2 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

I have two bulging discs in my back as of 5/7/2018. So far I have gotten stuck with a nurse practitioner who does not know how to treat it. According to office protocol I had to see it first. Second I have to be nuerosurgeon on Monday at 9:45 am I hope he can fix it. I also have increased hot flashes and naseua with my sciatica pain. I am taking high power drugs to it knocks it out only to return 6 hours later more intense than before. Help!!!!?

May 6, 2018 - 9:29am

Hi Anon,

A herniated disk can irritate nearby nerves and result in pain, numbness or weakness in an arm or leg.

Unfortunately, this isn't something that has a quick fix.
Treatments include medications such as narcotics, nerve pain medications, muscle relaxers, and cortisone injections. Other methods to promote comfort include therapies such as hot/cold therapy, electrical stimulation, and certain exercises.

If none of these methods help with your pain, then surgery may be an option. This is best left to discuss with your doctor.

Wishing you the best,


September 25, 2011 - 6:11pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Spondylolisthesis Guide


Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!