Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I just had a dexascan, having being diagnosed with osteoporosis & my doctor recommend I see an endocrinologist. I don't understand why. C an you explain this to me?

By Anonymous February 12, 2020 - 4:17pm
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hello Anon

Thank you for writing!

There are several specialists who deal with osteoporosis. Interestingly, there is no doctor solely specializing in osteoporosis itself.

Some of these specialists include Rheumatologists, Endocrinologists and Orthopedic doctors. An endocrinologist treats the endocrine system of the body, which is made up of the glands and hormones that help control the body’s metabolic activity. Disorders of the these glands and hormones often cause osteoporosis. This is likely why your doctor has recommended you start with an Endocrinologist.
Please let us know how your meeting goes.


February 13, 2020 - 2:38pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.