Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I'm going to the specialist about Parathyroidism. Me and my boyfriend live in the same household and we both have it is that rare to happen? I also want to know if they can give you medication instead of the surgery or is that the only treatment?

By Anonymous January 6, 2018 - 8:08pm
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello. Thank you for your question.

That you and your boyfriend both have parathyroidism is likely a coincidence.  Most often surgery is performed, but we cannot say what your doctor will advise.  Below is a resource that I hope will be helpful.



January 7, 2018 - 6:31am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Hyperparathyroidism Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!