Intravaginal ultrasound

By January 13, 2017 - 9:27pm

On January 1st I've been diagnosed with hemorrhagic ovarian cyst. Size is 3.7cm x 5.1cm x 3.9c3.9cm, as seen on a CT scan and pelvic at the er. On Thursday I've seen a gyn, ahead ld me it was normal and nothing to worry about. But now friday morning I received a phone call from hospital telling me I should go in in 2.5 weeks to get an intravaginal ultrasound.
But now I'm scared and terrified of having a intravaginal ultrasound because I'm Virgin.
Can they do methat kind of ultrasound if I'm Virgin?

Should I call her back and tell her or I tell her hen I go for the ultrasound.
Because I didn't even knew that I was supposed to have this done . No Dr have told me. So ....?
So my most important question is that will the vaginal ultrasound can be done because I'm Virgin..

And about the cyst, is that size of cyst should remove?
Thanks for all answers.

Hi, Myriam.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

This is an ultrasound device similar in shape to a tampon. It's covered with a gel-like lubrication and gently inserted into the vagina. This is just 1 insert. It shouldn't hurt you at all. The transvaginal ultrasound is the best way to see your Uterus, tubes, ovaries etc. You should tell the technician that you are a virgin and you are nervous. But firstly, call your doctor about the test since you say you were not told about it. As for the cyst, only your doctor can tell you if you need it removed.

Keep us updated.

Ovarian Cysts

Ovarian Cysts Guide