Q: 

lips on the inside are red and the tip of my tongue is slightly irritated

I feel like my lips are very dry and the inside of my lips are red and burn slightly My tip of my tongue is also irritated? Has been going on for about two weeks or so? I have a red patch on inside of bottom lip??? No sores and my nasal passage seems dry also?

Anonymous

I'm having this issue too. The insides of my lips have been feeling a bit pruny, like after eating a lot of very salty popcorn. Today I woke up with severe redness, almost like flat blood blisters all around the insides of my lips.
My suspicion was that it has to do with my salicylate intolerance, and these comments confirm that. I was also dealing with super dry lips and repeated bouts of angular cheilitis before discovering the salicylate intolerance. Last week, before my lips started feeling pruned and weird, I had spicy tomatoes. Had them again last night.i knew it was a bad move, but this symptom is new. Anyway, might be worth it for some of you to look into SS and try cutting out salicylates for a week or so to see if your mouth/lip issues resolve.

Hello Anon

My lips also prune after eating salty popcorn!

Anonymous

I'm having same problems. I had it about a week used salt water for three days and went away but now a month later its back

Anonymous

Anonymous

I have been having these issues, as well. It is about to drive me nuts. The inside of my lips are irritated and feel "pruney". The tip of my tongue is affected, as well. My mouth will get very dry. And sometimes I have a slight metallic taste. I had all of my vitamin levels drawn to see if I had a deficiency. This was not the case. Anyone find a solution?

Its a decrease in hormones due to menopause, pregnancy or pms. I get it right after my almost non existant flow for about a week. It hurts so bad. Im 43.

Wow. Just been googling this very issue and I found this board. I’m 51, have lots of Sjogrens markers, but the rheumatologist hasn’t diagnosed me with SS. I haven’t noticed any dry eye or mouth as of yet. I have leaky mast cells, chronic urticaria, Reynaud’s, tendinitis in wrists and elbows, arthritis in 2 knuckles and now, raw inside of lips (and it feels pruney when I pass my tongue over it) and the end of my tongue is a bit sore. I just finished a period which was the first one I’ve had in 3 months. It’s so annoying. Toothpaste is painful. I hope this goes away. Will try the salt water rinse as someone on here said it helped.

I have had a very similar issue for at least 3 months ...have you found out what the problem is? I have seen a number of doctors including specialists and they just try medicine but I don't want any medicine ...i want to know what the issue is and then how to treat it properly. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I am going through exactly same symptoms. Inside of My lower lips has tiny bumps and burns. My gum line (top and bottom) burns too. Tip of my tongue feels irritated. My outer lips are very dry too. This has been going on for 7 weeks now with no thrush creams, steroid creams have worked. Not even anti fungal tablets worked. My doctor dismissed me from his clinic saying it's mystery to him and asked me to find a maxofacial surgeon!
Did somebody find a solution to this please?

I just came back from the dentist. They are the first to know what it is. I have had this for 2 years!!! It's called geographic tongue! It started on my inner mouth and now on my tongue. There is. O cure. If you swish your mouth with MAALOX the dentist said it may help. Goodluck!!!

Sjogren's Syndrome