Lymph node appearing on mammogram

During my annual mammogram a lymph node which wasn't there on the previous mammogram was visible. It didn't appear on the ultrasound done after the mammogram. Radiologist told me to see my breast surgeon and have a MRI done. I was diagnosed with breast cancer stage 1 in 2011. Radiation. The lymph node is in the other breast. How come it doesn't appear on the ultrasound? Thank you.

Welcome to EmpowHER. Thank you for reaching out to us with your question.

Lymph nodes are organs that are spread throughout our bodies. They are part of our immune system.

When a lymph node becomes inflamed or swollen, it will be seen.

Speak with your breast surgeon about this during your upcoming appointment.

Keep us updated,

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide