Missed period

By November 14, 2016 - 8:01pm

Hello, I am here to say that I am late for my period. My period is irregular. It starts the first week of every month. It's either 3,4 and 5th. The second week of October2016 I started on the 9th, so I was a few days late. Well, now I'm exactly a week late if I started last week (the second week of the month), if I started the first week of the month i it would only be a week in a half.. It would still be too late to get a pregnant test. My head hurts, head aches like crazy, dizzy, eyes hurt, been eating more.. but going to the bathroom more. I don't know what to do.

Hello Keeleereed,

Welcome to the EmpowHER community. Thank you for coming to us for advice on a late period.

Have you had unprotected intercourse since your last period. If so, then pregnancy could be the reason for a late period. A pregnancy test detects levels of the hormone, hCG. Levels can be detected in urine about 12 to 14 days following conception. That is why it is recommended to wait until your period is late by at least one week to test. So, if you had sex around two weeks ago, or more, then you can test.

Other factors, such a high stress levels and illness, can cause a late period. Has any thing changed in your life? Classes, exams or getting sick?