Facebook Pixel

My boyfriend has Type 2 Diabetes and can not get an erection...

By February 4, 2009 - 11:22am
Rate This

Hi. My boyfriend of 6 months has Type 2 Diabetes with some lower body nerve damage. He has erectile dysfunction and has tried the 3 prescription drugs on the market with no success. I was wondering if anyone has had any success with any of the herbal medications out there or any other forms of treatments. We are pretty damn desperate! :)

Add a Comment5 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Me and my boyfriend had been together for almost a year and we were never able to have intercourse. We tried everything...I mean everything. My boyfriend also has Diabetes and lots of nerve damage. He cannot have an erection period. Not even close to one. We tried all the pills in the world. We even went to a urologist and he gave him a sort of suppository you inject into the penis itself. Nope...did not work either. It was very painful for him I recommend you do not try it. One day I was on the internet and a pop up appeared with this penis pump with tentioner rings...I said what the hell why not try this thing...My boyfriend has Medicare so I asked him to send off for it. For the first time since we met we finally had intercourse!!It was a miracle. This works I guarantee it. I know it is a little odd but hey if it works why the hell not. The pump sucks all the blood to the penis and the tensioner ring holds the erection. Its amazing...anywho i was just like you and I thought there was nothing in the world that could help us. But this thing really really really works. Please look into it..it will change your life. Much love me

August 10, 2009 - 4:56pm
EmpowHER Guest

You can also try proctate massage if you both are comfortable with this option.

June 11, 2009 - 6:37pm

I'm sure you already know this, but I would also urge your boyfriend to talk with his health care team before trying any new supplements, as these can have drug interactions with other medications (and, with each other) that your bf is currently using.

If your bf is getting "semi-erections", would he be open to trying the constriction ring that susan c mentioned?

June 11, 2009 - 1:19pm

It's difficult to find a solution here, you should check for a specialist, we had a similar situation but Cialis worked for us. Have you seen a sexologist for this?

June 11, 2009 - 12:20pm

Thanks for your response...

My b/f exercises 3 times a week, eats well, sees his doctor, and controls his Diabetes very well. I have never heard of the other things that you mentioned. We will have to give them a try. He has modified his diet a little more and has gotten semi-erections lately...

He has NOT seen a urologist yet, and I guess that will be our next step.

Again thanks for the reply...

February 4, 2009 - 4:17pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Diabetes Type 2

Get Email Updates

Related Checklists

Diabetes Type 2 Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!