My menses was from april27-1May. Had sex on d 4 of May,i used p2 7 hrs later what chances have I got. Can I be pregnant?

Hi, Anon.

Thank you for your post.

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours, so the risk is very small. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Symptoms usually start 2-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting. Not all women get symptoms. If you don’t get your next period within a week or so of its expected date, a pregnancy test is recommended. It can cause your period to be early or late, have a lighter or a heavier flow.

Emergency Contraception