Q: 

Over dosage of Postinor 2

By April 6, 2011 - 2:35pm

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Anonymous

Hi. So I had unprotected sex on Wednesday evening and I took the P2 pill but at the same time which is about 50 hours later because it just occurred to me that based on my period cycle I am likely to conceive on that day. How effective is the P2 in my case. Please I'm freaking out this is my first time of everything......

Anonymous

Hello there, i want to ask about if you've taken 6 tablets of postinor2 within one month. So my gf and i had unprotected sex on March 3 night, i didnt cum in her, maybe just precum fluid, and the next morning she took 2 tablets of postinor2 one time. After that on March 6 we had unprotected sex again and same condition like before, but this time she took 2 tablets of postinor2 15 minutes after the sex. And again on March 9 we had unprotected sex again but with condom and she also took 2 tablets of postinor2 about 15 minutes after the sex. And yesterday on March 12 she had this dark brownish fluid came out from her vagina. Im really scared, is this the sign of pregnancy, or side effect of the 6 tablets of postinor2 in one month? Please help answer my question real soon, i really look forward to it. Thanks

Hello Anon

P2 is highly effective but your girlfriend is over-dosing on this constantly. She needs to look up the side effects. Use a condom - P2 is for emergencies, not for constant use - her menstrual cycle will be completely ruined by what you are doing.

Anonymous

I have unprotected sex again after 5 hours of taking the second pill of Postinor 2. Should I take the second dose of Postinor? or is the first dose still effective?

Thanks,
David

Anonymous

hi... I used both pills of postinor2 once after 22 hours of unprotected sex.. should I still use another pill after 12hours?

Hello Anon
No, using both at the same time is ok.

Anonymous

I took the first tablet of Postinor 2 within the first 24 hours of unprotected sex and tthe second 14 hours later. Will it be less effective?

Anonymous

Hello
Taking both at once is fine.
Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours and up to 90% effective if taken within 72 hours, so the risk is very small. It works by preventing ovulation and stopping a pregnancy from starting. It is not an abortion pill. It prevents a pregnancy, it does not end one. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, breast pain, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Some women can bleed a little or quite extensively after taking emergency contraception.

The more frequently they are taken, the more likely a woman is to have side effects and an irregular cycle. They should be taken only for emergencies, not used as a method of birth control.
Symptoms usually start 2-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting. Not all women get symptoms. Some get many, or a few, or none. If a woman doesn’t get her next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low. Periods can often be delayed or longer/shorter as a result of taking emergency contraception. We cannot predict this for our readers in terms of length of delays. Each woman is different. Periods should get back to normal by the second cycle after.

Hello
Taking both at once is fine.

Tags: