Period twice a month

Hi My cycle is perfectly normal but this month I got my period twice after 17 days cycle...I am not taking any pills or any other medicines so there is no chance of any side effect...what could it be?

Hello Sumeety,

Welcome to EmpowHER. Thank you for reaching out to our community about this recent change in your menstrual cycle. The menstrual cycle is regulated by a precise balance of hormones. Any change in levels can cause a change in the cycle.

This article, " Reasons for Having a Period Every Two Weeks", addresses some of the causes.

If this pattern continues, please schedule an appointment with your gynecologist.