Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Permanent Birth Control

By Anonymous December 16, 2010 - 4:34am
Rate This

I have been married for 5 years and now Iam 23 years old having 2 children, both are born thru Caesarian section. Since after 2 c-sections, my uterus become weak and uterus wall is thinned out as my Doctor confirmed that I will not have no more child. What is the best suitable birth control for me. My hubby is forcing me to postpone the Tubal Litigation method, telling me take pills which already caused me nipple discharge and pain in breasts. He is worrying that after the TL method of birth control system, my body become weak and more problems may arise. Please advise me what I have to do; I'm in need of your valuable advise.

Add a Comment3 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Soon after 2nd c-section itself my Doctor found the uterus was thinned out, and told me after surgery. Not sure of what reason, and we decided to not having baby in future as we have got 2 children. I would go for permanent birth control because the pills causing unwanted side effects such as breast discharge (4 months before) and breast pain on nipple area (nowadays). My doctor is already told me to go for the Tubal Litigation of birth control; Please consider my situation and kindly advise. Also clarify if I go for TL method, my health condition is proned for weakness or any other illness my arise. If you think instead of TL, any other long term birth control method is good and is available in India, will beneficial for me.

December 21, 2010 - 1:53am
(reply to Anonymous)

Hi Anonymous,
We are not doctors here, we can only help you do research so you can be better informed for advocating for your health with your doctor. If TL is what you are thinking of doing, bring a list of your questions to your doctor, and ask those questions. Don't be afraid to take notes, and ask additional questions. If your doctor is not willing to answer your questions, you may want to find a new doctor. They are there to help you take care of your reproductive health, so they should be the best resource for you.
Here is some information about tubal ligation for you to read up on so you can develop some questions for your doctor:
Tubal Ligation - laparoscopic surgery, and a very current article written by a fellow HerWriter: What is a Tubal Ligation?
Good luck and let us know how else we may be able to help you advocate for your health.

December 21, 2010 - 7:37am

Hi Anonymous,
Thank you for your question and for finding EmpowHER. What caused your uterus to become weak and thinned? Did the doctor diagnose you with a condition?
There are many options for birth control, and permanent birth control is just one facet. I agree with your husband, that you may want to wait before undergoing any type of sterilization procedure (for you or your husband) in case either of you wants to have children in the future. Your doctor should be a good resource in this regard to help you figure out what is the best solution in regard to your personal health. However, it is a good idea to advocate for yourself and to learn about all options, rather than blindly trusting your doctor. The following article discusses all options for birth control. Check it out and let us know if you'd like more information about any of them.
Which Birth Control Is Most Effective?
Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

December 16, 2010 - 9:28am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.