Facebook Pixel

Question about Knee

By September 30, 2011 - 7:29pm
Rate This

Hi, This question is for my mother which is she has complaint of feeling heavy, numbness, stiff, weakness in her knee and she wants to know what causes such thing and what can be done about it? I also want to know which would be the right doctor to see for such matter? Please let me know soon.


Add a Comment2 Comments

I see okay I'll let her know. Thank you.

October 1, 2011 - 2:04pm

Hi Melissa,

When it comes to knee pain, it is best to see an Orthopedic doctor because it can be caused by many things: excess cartilage, injury, or it can even be caused by a person's weight-- bearing in mind that we have to carry all of our weight on our legs every day. Unfortunately, knee pain is something that needs to be assessed by a doctor and tests such as X-Rays and MRI's may also be done to diagnose your mom.

Best of Luck,


October 1, 2011 - 12:10pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.