i'm dealing with these scabies and never in my life i've ever encountered this. I'm so depressed because i'm 56 and don't even know this happened. I'm on the cream the doctor prescribed hopefully it's going to work. In the meantime what else can i do for the itchy. Omg it's terrible. I just bought cotton balls and peroxide so I feel a itch coming i can rub this on

Welcome to EmpowHER.

A mite causes this common skin condition. Called the human itch mite, this eight-legged bug is so small that you cannot see it on the skin. People get scabies when the mite burrows into the top layer of skin to live and feed. When the skin reacts to the mite, an extremely itchy rash develops.

Anyone can get scabies. It strikes people of all ages, races, and income levels. People who are very clean and neat can get scabies.

Do not apply peroxide to the rash.

Speak with your physician. An antihistamine may help control the itching.