Q: 

Seafood makes my vagina smell?

By January 26, 2018 - 6:49am

Seafood makes my vagina smell

So this might seem like a weird problem but ever since I can remember when I eat seafood such as fish, scallions, shrimp, etc. It cause my vagina to have a fishy smell. Its always the next day after I eat the seafood and only lasts for that one day, then its back to its normal, odorless smell. Their is no change in discharge, its not thicker or abnormally colored, there is no burning or itching or any other symptoms. Is this normal? Could this be some weird allergic reaction? Thanks!

Anonymous

I had this for so long. It turns out it was from eating eggs. I no longer eat eggs or chicken and it’s completly gone. I did tons of research because it disgusted me. It’s complicated but Eggs feed bad bacteria in your body and cause an imbalance. Basically egg whites are what they use to grow viruses and bacteria in labs and for vaccines. The same thing happens in our bodies. I now notice if I eat an egg I get a mild fishy odor from just the egg. But I can now eat loads of any kind of seafood with no issue at all.

Anonymous

This thread is so informative, funny and awesome! Like many others have said, I'm glad it's not just me and glad for possible remedies. I assume they would work for any odor due to consuming strong spices? I have this same issue if I eat middle eastern type foods too.

Anonymous

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ASKING THIS!! I have this same problem. I'm going to New Orleans with a new guy I'm seeing. I'm excited about the trip, but all I kept thinking was howthe heck am I gonna go to New Orleans and NOT EAT SEAFOOD?? I'm going to try this remedy today to test it out!

She going out with a new guy and he she worried about her vagina smelling like fish. She should be waiting a lil while before. She let him hit if he new.

Anonymous

Water with lemon! Squeeze at least two pieces in a glass of water and drink before and after your seafood feast. NOOOO SMELL! CURED!!

Anonymous

I am 28 and have experienced this for the past 2 years. I have been using these order suppositories and the smell is gone within a day. I had ayce crab legs last night and today I was so embarrassed to get up and go to the restroom while out with friends. I will be waiting seafood again next weekend while visiting Virginia beach so I will be sure to use the suppositories again. I will also try lemon juice and cranberry. I am so glad u found other women who experience similar symptoms.

Water with lemon cured it! I squeeze the lemon in my water and drink it before I eat seafood and a glass after my meal. NOOOOO SMELL!

Anonymous

I'm also glad that this post exists because I also thought it was wierd or just me... But what I'd like to know is which is more effective the

Anonymous

I noticed that when I ate salmon or take krill fish oil, my lady parts takes on the fishy smell. The way I remedy this is to drink ginger tea with lemon which I boil with water. The ginger tea is fresh from the ginger root.

I will try cranberry juice and lemon juice as well.

Anonymous

The same thing happens I found that if I am at home I just rinse off the vj area with a bit of feminine wash after I eat . n by evening I have my bath n by morning I'm good to go and fish free.