Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest


By Anonymous November 3, 2014 - 3:56pm
Rate This

Sex with my newly wedded husband is painful, how do I make it easier. Thanks

Add a Comment1 Comments



Hi Anonymous and welcome to EmpowHER.

It's hard to know how to advise you since we don't have a lot of information except that you are dealing with pain during intercourse.

One thing that may be helpful is to use a lubricant. These are widely used, have been around since 1917 and come in water-based and silicon-based formulas. They can be found in drug stores, usually near the products for women's menstrual cycles and yeast infections. 

This article, written for the EmpowHER community, provides more information about lubricants: Lubricants for Sex: The Science Supports It

The clinical term for painful intercourse is dyspareunia which is discussed on this page. Why don't you review that and see if the information there is relevant to your situation or sparks more questions. If we can help further just let us know.



November 3, 2014 - 5:16pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Painful Sexual Intercourse

Get Email Updates

Painful Sexual Intercourse Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!