Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Should I see a specialist?

By Anonymous June 27, 2017 - 2:17pm
Rate This

I am a 74 yo WF who had U/S 6/08/17 due to chronic cough. Dx was 8mm midpole nonvascular hypoechoic nodule (non-palpable). PCP wants to "watch" it!

Hx: 1977- 3/4 of thyroid removed due to palpable nodule, dx'd as benign. T3 & T4 have been within normal range since then. I have never taken medication for my thyroid. I have most of the symptoms of metabolic syndrome & take metformin for DMII, losartan for HTN, venlafaxine for depression, & diphenhydramine for allergies. I am concerned about some mild memory issues, and feel quite stressed much of the time.

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello Anonymous,

Welcome to EmpowHER. The choice is yours, but if you trust your physicain who wants to wait and watch, then do that. The only other option is to consult a respiratory specialist.


June 28, 2017 - 11:55am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Hypothyroidism Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!