Facebook Pixel

Something I'm Wondering About

By May 1, 2012 - 6:04pm
Rate This

Hi, There are two things that I'm wondering about. One is that I was at the eye doctor today just for general checkup and when he was looking at my eyes he told me he sees a tiny red dot in the back of the eye, Ever since I keep thinking of this do you know if it means anything?

The other thing I want to know is I'm going to have a pelvic ultrasound done soon and it says transvaginal I don't know what this is exactly though. I'm feeling scared by the sound of it, can you tell me how such thing done?


Add a Comment2 Comments

I see okay thanks for explaining.


May 2, 2012 - 9:36am
EmpowHER Guest

Hi Melissa6666,

Thank you for your question.  You might need to ask the eye doctor what exactly is what he saw and to explain to you what it means. The red spot is most likely a small blood vessel that burst.   It is called a subconjuntival hemmorhage. But only he would be able to tell you.  

Transvaginal ultrasound is a type of pelvic ultrasound. It is used to look at a woman's reproductive organs, including the uterus, ovaries, cervix, and vagina. Transvaginal means across or through the vagina. The health care provider will place a probe, called a transducer, into the vagina. The probe is covered with a condom and a gel. The probe sends out sound waves, which reflect off body structures. A computer receives these waves and uses them to create a picture. Hope this helps.




May 2, 2012 - 3:28am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.