Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Soreness in right hip

By Anonymous September 2, 2011 - 7:19pm
Rate This

What can I do to reduce the soreness in my right hip from a fall. It has been since July and it is still sore.

Add a Comment3 Comments

Hi Anon,

Did you go to the doctor/hospital after your fall in July? An over the counter drug such as tylenol or motrin may help with the pain but if it has been going on since July it is best to be seen or reevaluated by your doctor to determine the cause.

Please let us know how it goes,


September 3, 2011 - 7:53am
EmpowHER Guest
Anonymous (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

I went to the doctor in July and was told it wasn't fractured this is without an XRay. I was told also to put ice on it, and take motrin. I've done both, but it is still sore. I wonder at this point should I request an xray. When one doesn't have insurance, most doctors want to wait it out until taking it to another level like running tests

Thank you Rosa

September 3, 2011 - 8:26pm
(reply to Anonymous)


I completely understand that when you don't have insurance tests performed are minimal since you would have to pay out of pocket. It's up to you whether you want to spend the money on an xray to see if it is a fractured. For now I would continue taking Motrin for pain and try not to over-exert the joint. If the pain seems to be decreasing as the days go by, it could very well be healing.

Keep us posted,


September 5, 2011 - 8:33am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.