Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

for three months now, i have been having redish discharge a day or two after my period ad it lasts for 3 days or two. the discharge is usually little and comes out once or twice a day

By Anonymous May 2, 2012 - 5:42pm
Rate This

Add a Comment9 Comments

Since your saying it's infection it will go away so don't worry there. Keep us posted how your doing.


May 8, 2012 - 12:55pm
(reply to Melissa6666)


May 9, 2012 - 2:34am

Hello ramibdz,
I suggest that you make an appointment with your gynecologist.
Abnormal bleeding can have many causes. Your physician can do a physical examination and pelvic exam, question you about your menstrual cycle and order blood tests.

Once the cause of your symptom is determined, any concerns about infertility or the inability to conceive can be addressed.

A woman's menstrual cycle is controlled by hormones, including estrogen and progestin. Hormonal changes can cause menstrual cycle irregularities.


May 3, 2012 - 4:41pm
(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

thank you very mch.

May 3, 2012 - 10:24pm
(reply to ramibdz)

Hi, I want to let you know that go see a gyn and have a pelvic exam. Let me ask you this do you feel pain anywhere around your stomach when you touch it? If you do go see a gyn right away such thing don't waste time on it. If she brings up the topic of having a pelvic ultrasound done you should definitely have it done, if she doesn't say anything bring it up and make her do the ultrasound. It's possible you have a cyst in the ovaries. Cyst is nothing harmful it's benign. Such thing is common at these age. If your doctor says about doing any blood test mention to her to test your DHEA levels which is really important. If DHEA is high means you have a cyst somewhere. Be aware about these stuff I mentioned so when you see your doctor bring up all these stuff I mentioned.

Good Luck,

May 4, 2012 - 9:05pm
(reply to Melissa6666)

thank u very mch melissa and maryann. i went to my doctor and had a pelvic scan, HVS test, chlymadial and urinary tests. bt my adenexae were okay and every other thing was okay bt dia was a collection of some fluids in my pouch of douglas and the dictors impression was infection. the hvs showed an infection which i can't remember the name and the antibiotic for it is ciproflaxacin. the chlymadial showed nothing wrong. so the doctor said i should be on ciproflaxacin 500g for three weeks. pls which brand of the ciproflaxacin is the best for me 2 use

May 8, 2012 - 12:36am

Hello Anonymous,

May I ask how old you are? As women approach menopause, they experience changes in their menstrual cycle. Women start menopause at different ages, as early as the 30s.


May 2, 2012 - 6:01pm
(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

i am 23 years old and i have been having abnormal discharge for the past two years though not like this recent ones. in d past it use 2 be dark brown attimes and two weeks or a week b4 menses

May 2, 2012 - 6:14pm
(reply to ramibdz)

and pls i want to knw if i can be able to conceive with dis condition. thank you

May 2, 2012 - 6:49pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Menstrual Cycle

Get Email Updates

Related Checklists

Menstrual Cycle Guide

HERWriter Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!