Facebook Pixel

Under arm pain question

By July 19, 2011 - 1:10pm
Rate This

Hi, I spoke to you regarding that I will be seing a breast surgeon on Tuesday which was today and I have a question to ask about it. As you know everything that I have already explained my whole under arm and breast pain by sending you a message in your inbox. When I saw the doctor today he was actually helpful, nice and friendly but something sounds strange for me.
When I spoke to him about the whole problem and when he examined me he didn't see what's causing the problem but when he felt my under arms I mentioned I feel deep sharp pain in it. He moved my arms around and when he did that I felt pain under my arms he told me to see a orthopedist for this matter. It sounds strange for me seeing such doctor.

Whenever I've been in such pain my doctor saw my under arm being infected but it doesn't always show it. This is when and where I feel pain. What do you think is best I mention to the breast surgeon about this? Since I've been experiencing infection the problem would be coming from under arm it won't have any relation to orthopedist. What do you think of this? The doctor also told me in order to know more about this problem the next time I get in such pain I should just come in right away. My concern is I really don't know how to handle the next time feeling like this. It's become so hard and tiring for me. Sometimes I feel stuck not knowing what to do and end up crying.
Please let me know about your opinion right away so I can mention the right thing to my doctor tomorrow in a way that I don't have to see a orthopedist. I really hope you know what I mean.
So far I know I'm on the right track but in a way and a feeling of orthopedist doesn't sound right for me. Please let me know more about this.

Thanks So Much,

Add a Comment5 Comments

I forgot to mention one thing even though right now I'm not experiencing that kind of breast pain. I keep getting such random and continuous sharp and stabbing pain under my arms feels like someone sticking needles in me I feel it there being deep and painful especially when I touch it. My doctor when he examined me didn't feel anything and since I feel all this what do you think this could mean? Any suggestions?


July 20, 2011 - 6:55pm

Hi, I actually called in today and spoke to my breast surgeon but I actually spoke to a nurse and I mentioned when I called in the orthopedist the woman told me it doesn't make sense to see such doctor for such matter. The nurse told me that's fine then but if I experience such pain again I should go in right away to catch the problem. Well, so far I'm okay and I hope I don't get in any pain but if I do I should see my doctor right away to know about the problem sooner. So far so good. I'm just waiting if in case anything happens.


July 20, 2011 - 6:51pm

Hi Melissa,
To be absolutely certain, check with your physician.

July 20, 2011 - 5:21pm

Thanks for your reply. Seeing a orthopedist sounds strange for me because I have underarm pain and I don't know how it exactly makes sense. Does it sound right to you since my breast surgeon recommended this? What do you think the orthopedist would recommend for such matter? My breast surgeon did recommend a doctor and I will call in to be sure for the matter before I go. My breast surgeon also told me if I experience any pain from such problem I have been describing I should go in right away to know what's the problem. I'm tired of going back and fourth from this matter. The breast was really nice and helpful but in someway something is telling me orthopedist might night be the right step. I'm going to have to call in tomorrow anyways. I keep you posted in what goes on afterwards.
I have one more different question to ask which is I have back problem which is called scoliosis curved spine and generally I experience back pain and I go to physically therapy as I need to. The treatment and cure I'm supposed to go to a certain chiropractor for the treatment and I'm dealing with getting coverage from my insurance company. Anyways, since I've been experiencing underarm and breast pain I know it's related to the lymphatic system and I want to know if I go for a back massage can it cause any problem to the lymphatic system? Since I'm mentioned I get such breast pain with all symptoms I said can back massage give any clog or any harm to the lymphatic system? I'm afraid if I go for back massage it gives me more of a problem to the lymphatic system especially due to such breast pain I've been experiencing.
Please let me know soon.


July 19, 2011 - 7:48pm

Hi Melissa,
The surgeon is recommending a consultation with an orthopedic surgeon to try to determine the cause of the pain. Sometimes, a physician who specializes in another field of medicine is called in to offer his knowledge and expertise to make a diagnosis. Make the appointment with the orthopedic surgeon, I am sure the breast surgeon can recommend one to you. When you have an acute episode of the pain call your doctor right away so that you can be seen right away.

July 19, 2011 - 5:04pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Breast Conditions

Get Email Updates

Breast Conditions Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!