Facebook Pixel

Urethral pain, discomfort,raw sensation in urethral area

By June 24, 2010 - 7:40pm
Rate This

I suffer urethral pain for about 4 months now. It gets worse after I urinate, but at times it comes on even before. prior to that I have had a very bad case of candidiasis followed by vaginitis,uti's. I could not walk,sit for prolonged period of time. I have seen many doctors, my urologist tells me that I have some urethral stricture. Has anyone had anything similar to my situation, what helped you to heal? Please help!!!

Add a Comment1 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Hi Jiji,

Urethral stricture (or abnormal narrowing of tube that carries urine out of the body) is common after contracting a sexually transmitted disease (STD). Since you were diagnosed with several infections, it may be possible that you contracted these while having unprotected sex. Would this be correct?

There is a cure for this which is done under local anesthesia. A physician will insert a thin instrument that will force the widening to occur. Have you spoke to your physician about this procedure? In a worst case, the flow may be completely blocked and this should be treated as soon as possible. Can you go back to your urologist for possible cure? Can you also keep us updated?

June 26, 2010 - 7:57am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.



Get Email Updates

Urethritis Guide


Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!