Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Vaginal Atrophy

By Anonymous November 17, 2010 - 6:16pm
Rate This

I am a 57 yr old woman in menopause, and with recently discovered Sjogren's Syndrome. I was wondering which way of giving my poor dried out vagina some relief. I have tried the inserting the cream, and I am hoping there is a better way. I am in a relationship (divorced) with a man who wants to have intercourse, and the last time we tried, I screamed the pain was so bad. I am terrified to try again. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Add a Comment1 Comments

Expert HERWriter Guide Blogger

Hi Margo - You're not alone in dealing with this. There are definitely some steps you can take so you won't be in pain. Here are some articles than can help.

Background on the condition: https://www.empowher.com/media/reference/atrophic-vaginitis

Coping with Vaginal Changes – Vaginal Atrophy: https://www.empowher.com/reproductive-system/content/coping-vaginal-changes-vaginal-atrophy

Vaginal dryness and irritation: https://www.empowher.com/wellness/content/cure-vaginal-dryness-irritation-0

Safe sources: https://www.empowher.com/community/ask/which-safer-estrogen-source-vaginal-atrophy-and-urinary-tract-problems-estrogen-ring-o

November 17, 2010 - 6:49pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Vaginal Atrophy

Get Email Updates

Vaginal Atrophy Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!