Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

vaginal canal constriction

By Anonymous August 3, 2009 - 9:00pm
Rate This

My daughter was diagnosed with vaginal canal constriction at 14 years old. An attempt to treat her with dilators failed. Then she tried a surgery that was hoped to clear the problem but it didn't work. The doctor doesn't want to do another surgery because of the risk of causing scar tissue that will exacerbate the problem. She is unable to insert a regular size tampon and at 20 is concerned about her future sexual activity. Hoping someone with the same problem may have some ideas for a specialist and/or treatment for her.

Add a Comment1 Comments



I found this article written by 2 doctors comparing 4 techniques for vaginal constriction repair so they must be pretty knowledgable. I don't know if they are near you or not but sometimes it is worth traveling to find the right doctor.

Brett Vassalo the lead Dr is in Chicago: http://www.cdh.org/DoctorProfile.aspx?DoctorID=6104
Mickey Karram is in Ohio http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Karram_Mickey_2859859.aspx

The other thing to consider is that skills really vary in who worked with your daughter doing vaginal dialation. A PT with special expertise in Pelvic floor problems is the best choice. The American Association of Phys therapist may be able to help you find one. Click on find a PT, and under expertise choose womens healthcare. You want to call and speak directly to the therapist and interview them on their skills and experience.

Hope this helps.

August 4, 2009 - 6:16pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.