My husband had an appendicitis attack accompanied by an abcess and blockage in his colon. He was in the hospital for 10 days on major antibiotics and was released after 14 days, no surgery,. The doctor wanted to wait. In four weeks we have a cruise scheduled. We have been planning for a while. He says he will decide whether to operate in 3 weeks after his follow-up appointment. Oo you think it would be dangerous to wait until after our cruise to have the surgery? What are the chances of a reoccurrance ? Please help.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.