Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

What can u do when you have a bone spur

By Anonymous July 30, 2017 - 4:57am
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hi, Anon.

Thank you for posting.

A bone spur (osteophyte) is a bony growth formed on normal bone. ... It's usually smooth, but it can cause wear and tear or pain if it presses or rubs on other bones or soft tissues such as ligaments, tendons, or nerves in the body. Common places for bone spurs include the spine, shoulders, hands, hips, knees, and feet. Treatment depends on the severity but can include a short period of rest, anti- inflammatory pain medication, and physical therapy. See your doctor for treatment options.


July 30, 2017 - 5:36am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.