Facebook Pixel

what is this fleshy thing sticking out of my vaginal hole?

By August 8, 2011 - 4:15am
Rate This

I'm 18 and a virgin, but I have engaged in some sexual activity. That is to say that I have been penetrated, but not by a penis. That is why I'm not so sure that this "thing" is my hymen. It looks like swollen flesh and it is sticking out and covering my vaginal hole with only a small crease at the bottom of the hole. It burns a little when I urinate which is out of the ordinary for me. I'm in complete control of my bladder however. It could be my hymen, but I thought it was supposed to be a thin layer of skin, and that's not what this is. Any insight that you can provide is much appriciated!

Add a Comment1 Comments

Hi Brittany,

We had a similar question a while back which can be viewed here:

However, I'd like to point out that you should see your doctor if this is something that happened after being penetrated not just because it is something new but because it burns as well. Please schedule a doctor's appointment and keep us posted.

Best Wishes,


August 8, 2011 - 7:33am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.