Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

who does surgery for a prolapse bladder?GYN or UROLOGIST?

By Anonymous October 23, 2011 - 3:16pm
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments

Hi Anonymous,

Welcome to EmpowHER and Great question!

This really depends on the type of doctor that you have. Some gynecologists are knows as Urogynecologist's-- this means this Gynecologist specializes in the care of women with pelvic floor dysfunction; including Bladder prolapses. If your gynecologist does not specialize in pelvic floor dysfunctions then s/he may refer you to a Urologist who will then treat you.

Hope this answers your question,


October 23, 2011 - 4:57pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.