Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

wounds in mouth of uterus not able to get pregnant

By Anonymous November 6, 2014 - 2:51am
Rate This

My name is Laya and I am 27 yrs old. My husband is 31 yrs old. We have been married 9 months .So far, I am not able to get pregnant. Yesterday, I had the  hsg test..quite painful. The doctor said I have wounds in the mouth of my uterus, which have to burnt so that I can get pregnant. I don't understand. Please explain.

Add a Comment3 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Hi I'm Angelis 27 years old.I went to hospital for wound on mouth of uterus.infertility.done with x-ray and they conformed that I have wound in uterus.so they told me I have to go operation.yet not done.I am just worried that will I have baby after that or not.

February 13, 2016 - 5:27pm
Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello Angelis,

I can appreciate your concern. What type of operation has been suggested? Is it a hysterectomy or the removal of your uterus?
Has the physician said that you would no be able to have a baby?

When you see the doctor again, be sure you understand what is planned and what to expect after the surgery. dDo not be afraid to ask questions and a repeat explanation until you fully understand what is planned. Take a trusted friend or relative with you.

Please keep us updated.

February 15, 2016 - 10:25am

Hello Laya,

Welcome to the EmpowHER community. Thank you for reaching out to us. I will try to explain, as best as I can. However, your physician is your best resource. Please speak with your doctor, and ask for an explanation that you understand before you have the procedure.

For the benefit of all our readers, a hysterosalpingogram, or HSG is a test that examines the fallopian tubes and uterus. The test is done for women who are having difficulty getting pregnant.

A HSG test is done in the radiology department of a hospital.
Radiographic contrast (dye) is injected into the uterine cavity through the vagina and cervix. The uterine cavity fills with dye and if the fallopian tubes are open, dye fills the tubes and spills into the abdominal cavity

Pictures are taken using a steady beam of X-ray as the dye passes through the uterus and fallopian tubes.

The pictures can show problems such as an injury or abnormal structure of the uterus or fallopian tubes, or a blockage that would prevent an egg moving through a fallopian tube to the uterus. A blockage also could prevent sperm from moving into a fallopian tube and fertilizing an egg.

A hysterosalpingogram also may find problems on the inside of the uterus that prevent a fertilized egg from implanting to the uterine wall. My guess is this is what your doctor was referring to.


November 6, 2014 - 9:36am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Infertility / Fertility

Get Email Updates

Infertility / Fertility Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!