If you are what you eat, then what you eat can help you age gracefully. The nutrition experts at EatingWell.com make these simple recommendations for taking control of how gently you go into your twilight years:
- Pack your diet with a colorful mix of plant-based foods.
- Keep weight in check by watching your caloric intake.
- Go easy on fat and opt for healthy, monounsaturated fats (MUFAs).
- Concentrate on calcium to prevent bone fractures.
- If needed, take a vitamin D supplement to meet increased requirements as you age.
- B-12 from a supplement or fortified foods is important for those of us 50+
- Move your body to keep your brain active.
- Drink your wine, but in moderation.
- Pay more attention to your food prep and storage to protect your aging immune system.
Read the article: 9 Ways to Age Gracefully
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.