Alkaline promoting food are essential to combat dietary acids and maintain proper organ health. Diets that consist of mainly meat and dairy can lead to high acidic levels in your blood which in turn can damage your liver, kidneys, and lead to diabetes. You can find out your pH level by buying pH test strips (also called litmus paper) at a local health store to determine your acidity level, and take the next step to boost your alkaline levels or stay neutral. Here are a list of foods that increase alkaline levels:
- Leafy greens: spinach, kale,
- Herbs: parsley, cilantro, basil, garlic
- Beans: white, lima, lentils
- Vegetables: Carrots, Beets, Onions, Pumpkin, Olives, ect.
- Fruits: avocados, bananas, lemons, limes, tomatoes
- Quinoa and Sprouted Bread
In conclusion, increasing your intake of raw fruits and especially vegetables, will provide you with a healthy alkaline level and improve your body's organ function.
1.) Alkaline Food list. http://www.thebestofrawfood.com/alkaline-food-list.html.
2.) 25 Alkaline Promoting Foods. http://www.doctoroz.com/article/25-alkaline-promoting-foods.