Feeling Alone in a Crowded World
There may be billions of us on the planet, dozens around us in our offices, and even family around us at home, but that doesn’t mean that we may not feel lonely. Oftentimes loneliness come from a sense of being not understood, not heard and not being connected—even amidst people you know and love. Or from a feeling we can’t share our burdens because others don’t want to hear about them or because we, in turn, don’t want to burden them with our worries.
Being and feeling separated is not just an emotional problem. It’s also an energetic problem and when one feels cut-off, the energy doesn’t flow. It prevents forward movement, manifestation and easy connection with Universal forces that desire to support us.
Loneliness is not the world rejecting us. It’s us rejecting the world. Perhaps we don’t feel worthy. Perhaps we are circulating with the wrong kind of people. Perhaps we are projecting mistrust out into the world and attracting back people to reinforce that. Perhaps we are unhappy in a relationship, but lack the will or the way to exit. Perhaps we feel spiritually disconnected with the divine that provides infinite security and love.
Loneliness is an unconscious choice we make. But it is also a choice we can change. No one need feel alone in the world when there is so much abundance available in terms of love, resources, connections and opportunity. But it falls to us to reach for what we need and want. To find the people who share our hopes, dreams and will willingly support us as we deal with our burdens…and to put ourselves in environments where we can find like-minded souls. To let go of relationships that don’t serve us, so we can open the way for those that will.
If you are feeling lonely, than here are some steps to take:
• Do a truly honest self-evaluation…where are you cutting yourself off? Why don’t you think you are resonating with people? What changes can you make internally that would make you a better recipient and receiver for other’s caring? How can you change to be a better, more supporting source for others? What are you vibrating into the world (i.e.victimization, negative thinking, unhappiness) that draws negative and unsupportive people to you?
• Once you have really gotten a handle on this, begin to make the changes that will create greater energy flow internally within you-- and that will then extend welcoming, loving energy back out to will attract the support you desire. If you need to, seek professional counseling, perhaps a mentor or coach, a relationship coach, a clergy or spiritual counselor, hypnosis counselor, or other resource that can help you become more open to connection.
• Set an intension to meet people with whom you can have a mutually beneficial and supportive relationship. Beam out/radiate love to put you in the right resonance. Be love to attract love. Define some of the qualities you wish to have in these people, but be open for the brilliant wisdom of the Universe to match you in unexpected and beautiful ways.
• Put yourself in places where you can meet people who share your values, ideas, beliefs and interests. These can be the local spiritual living center, a church/synagogue/or other place of worship, a charity/non-profit that is important to you, a school or certification program, a community service center or organization, an arts or theatre arts program, music program/events/performance/learning environment, special interest/hobby activities, workout facility/sports activity/outdoor group, places to go or learn dancing, etc.
• Tell people you care about that you want to be closer to them and then express to them how you see the relationship changing to be better for both of you. Propose, don’t demand.
• Ask friends and family you trust to introduce you to people with whom they believe you would be in alignment.
• Accept invitations to events…don’t stick around at home watching TV instead. Make an effort to initiate conversations. Don’t wait for people to talk to you. If you do make a connection with someone, don’t wait for them to call you. Set up a coffee date to get to know each other better.
• If you find yourself wanting more of a warm and engaging environment at work, then either seek out those people who may be more like you—or start looking for something that might be a better fit elsewhere.
• Get a pet! Pets always alleviate loneliness. And then you can connect with other pet owners, too!
• Find help for the matters where you feel overwhelmed or out of your league. Seek professionals who can help you make good decisions. Hire help to take some of your load. Reach outside yourself so that you don’t feel so alone with the matters that are weighing you down.
• Remember that you are really never alone. You have the most devoted partner, supporter, beloved with you at all times. When you are feeling alone….go deeply into your heart and surrender to the love that awaits you there—through your divine thread.
JACKIE LAPIN is the world leader in educating, mentoring and coaching people on Practical Conscious Creation, selected best spiritual book of the year by the Los Angeles Book Festival, and winner of the Pinnacle Achievement Award. She is the bestselling author of "The Art of Conscious Creation; How You Can Transform the World” and "Practical Conscious Creation: Daily Techniques to Manifest Your Desires." Filled with specific and imaginative practices, Practical Conscious Creation offers 70 articles with step-by-step actions to achieve greater empowerment and a more satisfying lifestyle. To learn how to become a better, faster manifestor, secure a free chapter of “Practical Conscious Creation,” receive Jackie Lapin’s daily manifesting tips or to subscribe to her blog, visit www.jackielapin.com.
You can also “Like” Practical Conscious Creation at Facebook.
Jackie Lapin is also the founder of LifeWisdomNetwork.com, the Virtual Village that is the Marketplace, Directory and Information Resource for the fast-growing Consciousness and Transformational World .A place where mind/body/spirit entrepreneurs and self-help experts connect with their next customers and clients worldwide. Go to www.LifeWisdomNetwork.com for more information or to learn how to become a Village Member.