Many people struggle to create a proper routine for their skin as they find it too complicated and time-consuming. However, one should not forget that skin is almost as important as other body parts and with it being the largest organ of our body, we need to ensure that we take good care and maintain a healthy and young-looking skin long term.
For healthy and glowing skin every day, one needs to invest time, energy and some money to get good skin care products, such as the obagi products, and then form a daily routine. To form a routine, one should know how to layer their skin products one after the other.
What is layering?
Layering is the process in which skin products are sequenced one after another. Many people think that it does not matter if one follows a certain pattern, but that is not what dermatologists think. According to them, every skin product is made differently and every single one of them has a different objective. Some have certain ingredients which need to penetrate the skin and some are made to keep the external grime out of the skin. Therefore, it is needed to have the perfect order in applying these skin care products to achieve the best benefits of these products and to see the results quickly.
The layering of skin products
The sequence of applying the products that one should follow for a daily routine is:
- Cleanser: One should start their skin care routine with face wash so that it removes the dirt build up, creating a clean slate to build up on. One should choose a face cleanser according to one's skin type.
- Toning: One should then use a mild toner which does not have a lot of alcohol content in it. It helps in reducing the oiliness of the skin and also delivers vitamin B and antioxidants to the skin making it look more healthy and supple. Choosing a certain toner should depend on skin type, climate, and sensitivity.
- Serum: Serums are rich in antioxidants and one should choose a serum according to their need and requirement of their skin. Most serums come in a huge variety that suit different skin types and problems. One can reduce the inflammation of the skin and get sun protection from it simultaneously.
- Spot treatment: Spot treatments have active ingredients and concentrated antioxidants, which help in reducing the spots and dark blemishes of the skin. One should apply this cream in the early stages of the routine so that it is closer to the skin and can be thoroughly absorbed.
- Moisturizer: Now that every product is applied to suit your skin problems, you need to make sure that the skin is well hydrated for the rest of the day, and that is possible by applying the right kind of moisturizer. Also, make sure that the moisturizer is not applied on the spots where the spot treatment cream is applied so as to avoid any kind of ingredient interference.
- Sunscreen: Lastly, one needs to apply the shield which will keep the harmful rays and radiations away from the skin. This shield is the sunscreen which comes in a large number of varieties and can be chosen according to the sun exposure and skin type.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.