As parents, we excel at safety-proofing our homes, putting up gates on our stairs and latches on our cabinets, but then we inadvertently jeopardize our children's safety by putting them into their car seats wearing traditional coats.
Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for children between ages 2-14, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Compounding the problem: young children are often strapped into their car seats wearing a heavy coat, with the straps loosened for comfort. In an accident, the coat compresses, leaving the harness loose and increasing the child's risk for ejection from the car seat and/or injuries from the loose belts. Cherlyn Jenkins, mother of two young boys, has developed a solution - the Cozywoggle, an innovative new coat that's significantly safer in car seats.
When Jenkins, Founder/CEO of CJ's Kids, learned that young children shouldn't be placed in car seats while wearing coats, she had a newborn and a toddler. She wanted to keep her children warm, while also keeping them safe. She couldn't find any coats or jackets that were proven to be safe in car seats, so she created one.
• Is the ONLY product that looks and acts as a coat, but is safe to be worn in a car seat.
• Has been proven, through crash-testing in a lab, to be safer in an accident. Wearing the Cozywoggle in a car seat is as safe as wearing no coat at all.
• Is made from heavy-duty wind/water resistant polyester, lined with cozy fleece.
• Can be used with any 5-point harness car seat - either forward or rear-facing.
• Comes in sizes 12 months, 18 months, 2T, 3T, 4 and 5.
• Is stylish, warm and washable.
• Comes in four colors: red, navy blue, purple, and pink.
• Can be worn in the car and all around town.
• Is a convenient, all-in-one solution - no need to juggle extra blankets or jackets.