Sex is really about circulation. Think of the last time you made love, your blood vessels dilated, your face flushed, body and senses on fire. You may have felt tired or stressed beforehand, but afterwards you felt relaxed, calm and alive, even high, as if some invisible life force was just pumped into your body, awakening every cell of your being…
When you have good circulation in your body, and in your life, you also tend to have a healthy sex drive and abundant sexual energy. You can choose to direct this vital energy to share love with your partner, to create art, a business project, or the life you have envisioned.
It’s no wonder, then, that things that block the healthy flow of energy in your body and in your life also tend to kill your sex drive. Some common causes of low libido include stress, unresolved issues, hormone imbalance, too little sleep, excessive alcohol consumption, recreational drugs and certain medications.
If you experience low libido and want to improve your sexual energy, you may want to look at your health and your life in general to see what may be blocking the healthy flow.
The easiest way is to start with your diet. Here’s a list of foods that can help promote blood and energy circulation and, as a result, enhance your libido and help cultivate healthy sexual energy.
1. Spicy and pungent foods such as chili, ginger, garlic, onion, chive, cinnamon, pepper, coriander, cardamom, and fennel.
2. L-Arginine rich foods such as eggs, meats, seafood, diary, granola, oatmeal, nuts and seeds, oatmeal, peanuts, chickpeas, soybeans, green vegetables, root vegetables, and ginseng.
3. Zinc-rich foods such as oysters, toasted wheat germ, sesame seeds and tahini (sesame butter), low fat roast beef, roasted pumpkin seeds, dried watermelon seeds, dark chocolate, lamb and peanuts.
4. Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as flax seeds, walnuts, sardines, salmon, soybeans, halibut, scallops, shrimp, tofu and tuna.
5. Fruits rich in amino acids such as pomegranate, figs, avocado, banana and dates.
Cultivating a healthy flow of sexual energy will not only help you enjoy a wonderful sex life, but also help turn you on for everything else in your life. And the key is to keep a healthy circulation, in your body and in your life…
Jing Jin is the founder of http://www.cycleharmony.com, a global community of women who are inspired and empowered to honor our menstrual cycles, and embrace the vibrant, radiant women we were born to be.