Being pregnant is one of the essences of being a woman. But despite the excitement it brings, the discomfort brought about by the body changes outweighs happy thoughts. Here is where choosing the right pregnancy clothes comes in. The dress must be soft, cool, and comfortable when worn to bring ease to the soon-to-be-mom. Thank you to the creative minds of maternity fashion designers, modern pregnant women still manage to look great, pretty and fashionable despite the bulging tummy. Because every mom-to-be is different, there are various maternity dress designs to suit specific needs.
1] Maternity Clothes Do’s and Don’t’s
- Figure-hugging attire is just right during the early stages of pregnancy, but when the tummy starts to really grow big, where back and hip pain also become a constant happening, wearing the most comfortable maternity clothing becomes necessary.
- Maternity clothes with classic and timeless design are to be considered when purchasing, as these designs never go out of style. These maternity dresses also come in various sizes and budgets to fit one’s preference.
- A maternity dress that is soft and comfortable enough, yet very much able to support the weight of the growing stomach, is definitely to be considered.
2] Things To Keep In Mind When Buying Maternity Clothes
There are many factors to consider when buying maternity clothes: size, color, budget, style, lifestyle, stage of pregnancy, brand or label, so on and so forth. Among all these, the fit and comfort are the most important factors; most especially that the body changes that happen during pregnancy is something that cannot be ignored.
- Budget: When a woman is pregnant, there is a tendency to buy maternity clothes often to accommodate the growing tummy,. Good thing that there are establishments offering maternity clothes in affordable prices.
- Size: Dresses that have allowances on the tummy, arms, hips and chest areas are the perfect choices, as these dresses provide room for the growing sizes of these body parts during pregnancy.
- Comfort and fit: It cannot be stressed enough how important comfort and fit are when purchasing maternity dresses. The ones that must be purchased are dresses that do not hamper the growth of the baby, and the ones that provide support to the heavy weight of the tummy.
- Lifestyle: Maternity dresses are also dictated by the kind of lifestyle the woman has. If the mom-to-be is active in sports and physical fitness, there are maternity dresses for such activities. Stylish active wears can be purchased from different maternity shops, sports shops, and internet or online stores.
There are no strict rules when buying maternity clothes, but according to many, the best time to shop for pregnant dresses is the time when the heartbeat of the baby has been confirmed. That occurrence signals conception and successful pregnancy, which means that in the next nine months, the tummy continues to grow.