In some cases, the cause of hematuria is never found. The list of known causes is lengthy, some more common causes include:
- Injury to the abdomen, pelvis, or internal organs of the urinary tract
- Vigorous exercise (resolves with rest)
- Urinary tract infection
- Cancer of the prostate , kidney , or bladder
- Kidney disease
- Kidney stones
- Bleeding disorders (eg, hemophilia )
- Certain congenital diseases (eg, polycystic kidneys )
- Certain medications
Kidney Stones Can Cause Microscopic Hematuria
A risk factor is something that increases your chance of getting a disease or condition.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright © 2022 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.