These factors increase your chance of developing this condition:
- Ischemia (restriction of blood supply)
- Autoimmune disorders (eg, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, neuromyelitis optica) or other conditions (eg, vascular disease, degenerative disease)
- History of bone or back problems
- Being born with a narrow spinal canal
- Job or sport involving regular stretching and straining of spine
Tell your doctor if you have any of these risk factors.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright © 2019 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.