Take these steps to reduce your risk of getting golfer's elbow:
- Keep your arm muscles strong so they can absorb the energy of sudden physical stress.
- After a short warm-up period, stretch your arm muscles before physical activity.
- Learn the proper technique for activities that require forearm motion.
If you play golf, ask a golf specialist to check your:
- Swing technique
- Model of golf clubs
If you play tennis, ask a tennis specialist to check your:
- Technique for hitting a forehand
- Racket size and tension of racket strings
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright © 2022 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.