Facebook Pixel

Which Doctors Treat Spider Veins? - Dr. Navarro (VIDEO)

By Expert
Rate This

More Videos from Dr. Luis Navarro 30 videos in this series

Which Doctors Treat Spider Veins? - Dr. Navarro (VIDEO)
Which Doctors Treat Spider Veins? - Dr. Navarro (VIDEO)
2 of 30 : Current video

Dr. Navarro shares who is qualified to treat a woman's spider veins.

Dr. Navarro:
You should find what’s called a phlebologist. That’s a doctor who specializes in the treatment of spider veins and varicose veins. Phlebologists come from many of the fields of medicine, surgery, general surgery, family medicine, etc., and now it has become an approved specialty.

There is the American College of Phlebology, where you can find, you know, doctors who belong to the American College of Phlebology and who really have an interest in specializing treatment of veins. Other ways to find, ask other family members or other friends of yours. If they have been to a doctor that treated their veins and they are satisfied, or just search the Web for a center in which treats varicose veins.

About Dr. Navarro, M.D., F.A.C.S.:
Luis Navarro, M.D., F.A.C.S., is the Founder and Medical Director of The Vein Treatment Center, established in 1982. Dr. Navarro is a General Surgeon, originally board certified in 1976. He is also a senior Clinical Instructor of Surgery at Mount Sinai School of Medicine. He completed his residency at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, where he was Chief Surgical Resident. Dr. Navarro graduated cum laude from the University of Barcelona Medical School in his native Spain. He is affiliated with Beth Israel Medical Center and Lenox Hill Hospital. Dr. Navarro is a Diplomate of the American College of Surgeons and a member of the American College of Phlebology, International Union of Phlebology, Canadian Society of Phlebology, American Society of Laser Medicine, and numerous other venous-related societies.

Visit Dr. Navarro at The Vein Treatment Center