1-2-3 Peach Cobbler
Cooking oil spray helps to coat the pan with little fat or calories.
|Serving Size||1 square|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
|Cholesterol||less than 1 mg|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Cinnamon, ground||½ teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 tablespoon|
|Peach nectar||1 cup|
|Pineapple juice or peach juice||¼ cup|
|Peaches, sliced, packed in juice, drained (or 1¾ pounds) fresh||2 16-ounce cans|
|Margarine, tub||1 tablespoon|
|Pancake mix, dry||1 cup|
|All-purpose flour||2/3 cup|
|Evaporated skim milk||2/3 cup|
|Nonstick cooking oil spray (for baking dish)|
|Brown sugar||1 tablespoon|
- Combine cinnamon, vanilla, cornstarch, peach nectar, and pineapple or peach juice.
- Add sliced peaches to mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- In another saucepan melt margarine and set aside.
- Lightly spray an 8-inch square glass dish with cooking oil spray. Pour hot peach mixture into the dish.
- In another bowl, combine pancake mix, flour, sugar, and melted margarine. Stir in milk.
- Quickly spoon this mixture over peach mixture.
- Combine nutmeg and brown sugar. Sprinkle mixture on top of batter.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into 8 squares.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2007 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.