Limas and Spinach
Your family will love to eat more vegetables cooked this way.
|Serving Size||½ cup|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Frozen lima beans||2 cups|
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
|Fennel, cut in strips (4 ounce)||1 cup|
|Onion, chopped||½ cup|
|Low-sodium chicken broth||¼ cup|
|Leaf spinach, washed thoroughly||4 cups|
|Distilled vinegar||1 tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Raw chives||1 tablespoon|
- Steam or boil lima beans in unsalted water approximately 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a skillet, sauté onions and fennel in oil.
- Add the beans and stock to the onions, cover, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach. Cover and cook until spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar and pepper. Cover and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2007 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.