Could I be pregnant?

By February 19, 2011 - 9:39am

Last night, I was "dry humping" my boyfriend in a very intimate way... He wasn't wearing pants, but I was... I was wearing a tampon because I was on my period, and it was my second day. I gave him a handjob, but he never came. This morning, I was taking a shower when I noticed that I hadn't bled at all in my Kotex pad. I'm nervous that somehow, because he wasn't wearing pants and I was only wearing sweat pants and panties, I could be pregnant. I did a little research and found that "dry humping" does not normally cause pregnancy, but he wasn't wearing pants. Please help me understand my situation. Thank you for your help.
Etsuko Ayako

Hi Etsuko,
You research was correct “dry humping” will not cause pregnancy. You were still clothed and is still considered dry humping. Sperm must enter the vagina in order for you to become pregnant. A second measure is that he did not ejaculate and this again is another necessity in order to become pregnant.

You are safe. As for your dry tampon/pad in the morning, this is normal. I am sure either your period is over already OR it will come back as the day progresses. This should not be a concern.

For more information about Outercourse, please click here

I hope this helps answer your questions.

You're not pregnant.

Some periods are just shorter than others due to change in diet or stress or other unknown causes.

Unless the tip of his penis rubbed on any part of the vagina (skin to skin) and he ejactulated in or around it (or if his pre-cum had any sperm in it due to prior ejactulation), then there is nothing to worry about.

I definitely wouldnt stress in your situation about being pregnant.

But if you want piece of mind to why your period was short, I'd make an appointment to see your doctor sometime in the near future.