given by nebulizer is no longer given routinely but may be given to infants who are premature or who have other conditions that put them at high risk of severe breathing problems, such as congenital heart or lung disease, cystic fibrosis, or AIDS. Antibiotics are not helpful." (Source: The Merck Manuals http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec23/ch274/ch274c.html)
5. What do I have to ensure to prevent a relapse?
• Avoid contact with those who have viral flu or are displaying symptoms of cold.
• Disinfect commonly used surfaces such as door knobs, computer keyboards, phone mouthpieces, tabletops, floors, etc.
• Dispose of tissues after a single use in a waste bin.
• Consider the use of the passive vaccine drug Palivizumab to reduce the chances of contracting RSV infections. It is very beneficial for children with suppressed immune function, heart-lung conditions or a premature birth.
Mamta Singh is a published author of the books Migraines for the Informed Woman (Publisher: Rupa & Co.) and the upcoming Rev Up Your Life! (Publisher: Hay House India). She is also a seasoned business, creative and academic writer. She is a certified fitness instructor, personal trainer & sports nutritionist through IFA, Florida USA. Mamta is an NCFE-certified Holistic Health Therapist SAC Dip U.K. She is the lead writer and holds Expert Author status in many well-received health, fitness and nutrition sites. She runs her own popular blogs on migraines in women and holistic health. Mamta holds a double Master's Degree in Commerce and Business. She is a registered practitioner with the UN recognised Art of Living Foundation. Link: http://www.migrainingjenny.wordpress.com and http://www.footstrike.wordpress.com