Q: 

bleeding after taking Postinor 2

By November 4, 2016 - 7:26am

hello i got protected sex last oct 16 then same day i too postinor 2 after that oct 22 i got my period and it ends oct 27, i got protected sex again oct 29 because he used a condom but im still feel worried then i took postinor 2 same day, then nov 3 i got bleeding like a period, is it because of the medicine? should i considered it as a early period because its heavy like my normal period.

Anonymous

Hello I had sex on the 8th of june day 11 -12 of my cycle not sure i used the emergency pill within 48 hours and now I'm bleeding on the 16th. Is it a side effect or implantation bleeding

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi,

Please post once only. You have asked this question already in a new posting.

Helena

Anonymous

Hello,I finished menstruating two days before having sex and used Postinor 2,a week after I started bleeding as if i’ Menstruating but it’s not much and it’s going to 8 days now..should I be worried?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello.

ECP can cause withdrawal bleeding or spotting.  Be aware, your next period may be early or late, have a lighter or heavier flow.

Helena

Anonymous (reply to Helena)

Hello, my period ended on the 30th of March and I had sex on the 3th of June, took the morning after pill the next day. I’m spotting a week to my period, with cramps and sore breast. Took a pregnancy test but it came out negative, could the spotting be a side effect from the morning after pill?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello.

Yes. Some women experience spotting (or bleeding) 3-7 days after taking ECP.

Helena

Anonymous

Hello, i had sex on the fifth day of my period, 29th April and took postinor 2 less than 72hrs later but on the 2nd of May with the other single pill taken on the 3rd. I had another unprotected sex on the 6th of May, which is a VERY UNSAFE day on my cycle. Took another Postinor 2 the following day ( out of fear, honestly) even though i double-read the leaflet that it shouldn't be taken twice in one cycle. The morning after, i started having cramps with abdominal discomfort and began bleeding. I'm scared of taking the second pill left of the pair in the blister because i think it's going to make me bleed more profusely. What do i do?

Hello Anon

To avoid pregnancy, you'll need to take the second dose and deal as best you can with any side effects. Your next period may be erratic as a result.

Anonymous

I saw my period on 23 feb and had sex on 2nd March and took postinor 2 same day, on 3 again had sex and took another postinor and few days I started having stomach pains and followed with light bleeding that lasted for 7 days, please I’m scared help me. I’m I pregnant?

Hello Anon
This seems more like side effects from taking P2 rather than pregnancy. If you're scared of pregnancy you need to stop having unprotected sex, you're causing your own distress.

Emergency Contraception